As we jump into 2017, the Great Basin LCC wanted to reflect on our accomplishments in 2016. Over the year, we continued vital ongoing conservation efforts throughout the region while seeking new opportunities to make a difference. Great Basin LCC staff and supported projects helped promote a landscape focus, foster collaboration to maximize impact, build partnerships with Great Basin tribes and facilitate information sharing across this vast and varied geography. It was a busy and fruitful year, with several memorable highlights!
The 2016 Annual Highlights report summarizes our key accomplishments from the last year, including:
- Supporting the Integrated Rangeland Fire Management Strategy in several key capacities
- Investing over $1 million to support new research projects
- Co-hosting the “All Lands, All Hands” 2016 Great Basin Consortium Conference
- Supporting the Northwest Basin and Range Synthesis Project
- Reaching almost 600 people through the 2016 Great Basin LCC webinar series
- Helping enable vital research into controlling the spread of invasive plants
- And much more!
Read the report to learn more about these and other key efforts from 2016. We are proud of the work we accomplished last year and will carry forward this momentum as we continue to address conservation needs in the future.
Click to download the 2016 Annual Highlights report